Greenspace and Environment Enforcement Officer
You will work as part of a team undertaking environmental enforcement activities which focus on improving the street environment and actions to support Kirklees communities to be attractive and successful. You will provide a visible presence to tackle environmental anti-social behaviour, including engaging with individuals and communities to promote responsibility and environmental improvement, preparing and issuing notices, investigating concerns and gathering evidence to support prosecutions where necessary, and working with partners on shared objectives.
As a front-line officer, you will wear a Kirklees’ uniform and use enforcement tools to tackle environmental anti-social behaviour. You will investigate complaints and undertake enforce in compliance with appropriate legislation, council policy and expectations.
Requirements for this role include:
- Understanding of environmental anti-social behaviour and how they relate to the activities of this job.
- Ability to deal with conflict situations appropriately and capable of being authoritative when necessary.
- Literacy and computer skills to be able to use IT packages to produce accurate notes, reports and statements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all levels and have the confidence to address large groups of children/adults about environmental responsibilities.
- Understands Health and Safety as it relates to the role and the measures which need to be put in place to work safely.
- You must hold a full clean driving licence and be willing to undertake and pass a KMC driving test to use a council vehicle to travel to sites.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends as required.
09 October 2022, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.