Mobile Catering Assistant-Wakefield
Apply now using our quick application form, you can log in using Facebook or Google, the application process should not take long to complete. The form is fully mobile compatible, a computer is not needed and you are not required to upload any documents.
At Kirklees we offer competitive pay, the local government pension scheme, great benefits, flexible working and excellent holidays.
This role will be based around Wakefield.
Kirklees Catering have won a contract in Wakefield and we are looking for Flexible Staff to work in the surrounding areas.
We are currently looking for part-time Catering Assistants to join our team of skilled and enthusiastic Chefs working in schools in your area! It is anticipated that you will work Monday to Friday lunch time hours, during Term Time.
This Catering Assistant role sits within the Kirklees Catering team. As Catering Assistant, you will be responsible for preparing and closing down service, while providing a high-quality customer-focused service in your school. We know that providing delicious and nourishing meals for children is essential to help to give them the best start in life. This might be the main meal of the day for some children, and you will ensure they have access to balanced, healthy food. In addition to providing the service on a day-to-day basis, you will be involved in providing theme days and other events. We hold several theme days throughout the year such as Summer Sports day and Big breakfast to introduce children to new and exciting dishes from around the world, educating them through food. You will help in creating these exciting menus and maybe even try something new yourself!
Kirklees Catering Service provides high-quality catering services to schools throughout our business portfolio. There will be opportunities for progression within the service for the right candidate.
Some of the key features and benefits of being part of the Kirklees Catering Service include:
- Term time working, plus 5 inset days and 3 cleaning days
- Regular working hours and patterns
- Monday – Friday working hours
- Working Hours estimated between 10am and 2pm
- Working weeks are 39.6 weeks a year, pay is annualised over the year
- Christmas off every year
- Free parking at or near most schools
- Good transport links to schools
- Free food hygiene training
- Career progression options
- Paid above the national living wage
- Uniform provided
- Pension contribution
What we expect from you:
- To be able to meet high standards of quality and health and safety
- To be comfortable in a very flexible, fast-paced working environment
- To wear appropriate uniform (provided) and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene
- Ideally you will have a food hygiene certificate, however, we will provide training to obtain this award if you don’t already have it
- Effective communication skills
- Great customer service skills
For more information about this job please contact Catering relief on 01484221000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for your application to be considered please fully complete the easy application process answering the shortlisting questions.
20 November 2022, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.