Educational Teaching Assistant (ETA) - Woodley School and College
31.25 Hours per week term time plus 5 inset days, or pro rata for part time applicants
Woodley School and College is a Kirklees Local Authority special school for children and young people with autism aged 5-19. We are looking to appoint, enthusiastic and highly motivated Teaching Assistants to join our committed and friendly team of happy and hardworking staff and children.
You will be someone who will share our vision for high standards in all aspects of school life. Particular emphasis will be on supporting learning and social and emotional needs, working alongside the class teacher. The ability to relate with children/young people from diverse backgrounds is essential for this job, as well as having good verbal communication skills in order to liaise with children/young people and other staff members.
We are looking for an inspirational individual to join our team. We are looking for effective and a motivated professional with unlimited ambition for the pupils, themselves and the school. We want someone who will challenge, stimulate and support pupils and staff to achieve their best through:
- Inspiring trust and confidence
- Building team commitment
- Engaging and motivating pupils with autism
- Being a flexible, reflective and self-evaluating practitioner
- Takes positive action to improve the quality of learning throughout the school
We can offer:
- A well-resourced and pleasant working environment
- A supportive leadership team school which values and invests in all our staff
- Bespoke CPL opportunities to support you to meet the needs of our pupils
- A school committed to its children and families
- An ethos based on improving the Quality of Life for its students and staff
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
If you require further information about the role or an application, please contact the school on 01484 223937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can visit the school website at www.woodleyschool.org.uk
Completed application forms must be returned directly by post to the address below or email to email@example.com no later than 12noon on Friday 30th September 2022.
If shortlisted, Interviews will be held W/C 28th November 2022.
Commencement would be required asap.
21 November 2022, 12:00 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.