£28,226 - £30,984
The role of Librarian involves working in communities with partners, delivering Council priorities and national initiatives.
The role involves developing and delivering an outreach offer based on these themes.
Key areas of responsibility include organising and assisting with activities, answering complex enquiries, managing and promoting the stock and training staff and volunteers.
As a Librarian you will support on a key theme across all libraries.
As a team player you will work with partners, service providers and other Council Services.
You should have:
- A First degree and postgraduate qualification in Information and Library Management, or degree in Information and Library Management, or be able to demonstrate equivalent relevant.
- Experience of working in a customer service environment, demonstrating excellent customer service and excellent interpersonal skills at all times and have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Be competent in the use of IT and digital technology and an awareness of social media.
- The Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
- Please see the attached Summary details for more information about the job.
To find out more about Kirklees Libraries and the work we do please visit www.kirkleeslibraries.co.uk
If you have any questions about the role please contact Development Librarians Jaz Long (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sarah Harding (email@example.com)
Interviews will take place on 31st October & 1st November 2022.
17 October 2022, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.