1:1 Educational Support Assistant - Fixby Junior & Infant School
Fixby Junior & Infant School is a successful, dynamic and inclusive school serving a diverse community, intensely focused on the specific and varied needs of the whole child.
Number of jobs available:
X2 – Monday to Friday, 8.40am - 3.20pm, term time only (30hrs 50m per week)
X1 – Monday to Friday, 8.40am – 1pm, term time only (21hrs 40m per week)
We have a range of pupils with varying degrees of needs across EYFS, KS1 & KS2. These children require one-to-one support from highly motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic educational support assistants, along with guidance and encouragement to engage in small group work.
These needs include:
• High complex needs, including social and emotional.
• Hearing impairment.
• Cognitive development.
The ideal candidates will:
• Be able to successfully support children from a range of backgrounds and with differing abilities.
• Be flexible, caring, empathetic and able to work well as part of a team.
• Have good behaviour management strategies to support and work with children with complex needs.
• Have some experience working with children with complex needs.
We can offer:
• A chance to become an important part of the Fixby Team and make a real difference to the lives of our friendly enthusiastic children.
• The opportunity for further training and learning to enhance your skill-set and confidence.
• A highly skilled and supportive leadership team.
• Friendly and well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn.
Fixby Junior & Infant School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Applications should be returned for the attention of the Headteacher via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Fixby J&I School, Lightridge Road, Fixby, Huddersfield, HD2 2HB by close of play Thursday 6th October 2022.
If you would like an informal chat prior to applying, please email the School Business Manager, Mrs Adrienne Hatfield, on email@example.com or telephone 01484 226650.
06 October 2022, 12:00 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.