Senior Community Assessment & Support Officer
£25,481 - £27,041
This job is temporary for up to 12 months pending a service review
As a Senior Community Assessment & Support Officer you will coordinate and act as a link between commissioners, assessors and care providers. You will work with families and service users to identify long term accommodation needs and support and plan moves into supported living accommodation.
You will help develop and support the management of current care home and supported living vacancies alongside identifying and developing long term accommodation needs, working closely with the social care assessment team. You will support the implementation of the learning disability accommodation strategy, which may include specific accommodation related project work; i.e. coordinate the opening of new supported living accommodation and change of CQC registration from care home to support living.
Requirements for this job:
- Experience of working in a caring environment in a paid or unpaid capacity with a relevant service group.
- An understanding of legislation, procedures etc. relating to the relevant service user group.
- Ability to demonstrate literacy, numeracy and computer skills to complete assessments and correspondence, complete financial statements and keep accurate records.
- IT skills to be able to maintain accurate electronic records.
- An understanding of the differing physical and emotional needs pertaining to the specific user group.
- A willingness to work weekends and Public Holidays.
You will receive regular supervision from your line manager and have the support of other team members. As a Senior Community Assessment and Support Officer you will be expected to share learning and provide mentoring to new or less experienced members of the team.
Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time. It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence and it is expected that you will either use a council vehicle or your own car.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Description.
28 February 2021, 11:55 PM
Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission.
If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.