Deputy Headteacher - Brian Jackson College
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of Brian Jackson College.
Brian Jackson College are looking to recruit a Deputy Headteacher, to lead our provision at our Huddersfield site.
The College is an 80 place KS3 & KS4 Alternative Provision across two sites, one in Heckmondwike and one in Huddersfield. The college is an independent school rated as ‘GOOD’ by Ofsted. The College provides a nurturing and safe environment for young people with social, emotional and mental health needs. We are looking for a strong, ambitious leader, who has experience and passion for working with students from vulnerable backgrounds to join our College leadership team and help take the College forward to maximise the opportunity of this site, which opened in 2018.
To be successful in this appointment:
- You must be a qualified Teacher (PGCE/Cert Ed/QTS)
- Your SLT experience must be in either a Pupil Referral Unit/Alternative Provision/SEN School (SEMH) or mainstream school (if you have SEN experience)
- Excellent understanding of SEN and EHCPs (in an SLT capacity)
- Experience of lesson observations
- Sound and excellent knowledge of the UK Curriculum in T&L
Patience, empathy and fantastic relationship building skills are all key characteristics of this role. We welcome applications from candidates with relevant experience or the right person with the personality and drive to fit in with the schools overall teaching philosophy. There is fantastic potential for development within the school up to the role of Headteacher.
For more information or an application pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01484 431962.
26 February 2021, 12:00 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.