Service Manager - Assets
£49,497 - £50,396
A great opportunity to join a dynamic multi-faceted team as we embark on the councils most ambitious 30-year programme of improvements to council housing while establishing the Kirklees Housing Standard.
A rare opportunity to shape major investment and improvement to homes and communities that will deliver innovation and better outcomes for council tenants and wider citizens of Kirklees. The role of Asset Manager will:
- Lead, co-ordinate HRA related Capital and Revenue investment programmes across Council Housing, Support the Head of Service in establishing overall asset strategies, related investment profiles and options appraisals based on up to date and reliable asset data.
- Champion the voice of the tenant and integrate into all aspects of strategic planning
- Establish and implement 5-year Capital/Revenue programmes based on agreed strategic priorities
- Oversee the asset team to collect estate-based data, while liaising with the wider organisation to prepare packages of work including commissioning specialist consultants where required
- Support the delivery team through the introduction of Standard Operating Procedures
- Establish relationships to combine key factors when planning programmes of work:
- Safe and Compliant homes
- Tenant engagement and consultation
- Fuel Poverty/carbon reduction/affordability
- Quality of home and place
- Housing need and sustaining long term tenancies
- Reduction of ongoing maintenance and responsive repairs
- Demonstrating Value for money and effective budgetary control
- Champion the delivery of the Asset Management strategies/policies and support the ongoing delivery of the Kirklees Housing Standard
You will be responsible for overseeing team of asset/technical specialists and supporting operational staff in the delivery of programmes of work.
Interviews are expected to take place on: Friday 19th March 2021
Please note that following a Kirklees Council Cabinet meeting on 20th October 2020 a decision has been made for KNH to transfer to Kirklees Council from 1 April 2021.
If you are successful with your application, your employment will begin with KNH and will transfer to Kirklees Council on the same terms and conditions and your continuity of service will continue following the transfer.
26 February 2021, 12:00 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.