Voluntary and Community Sector Liaison Officer
£31,346 - £33,782
The Council’s Third Sector Team is looking to recruit to three posts to work with the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) across Kirklees.
Based within the Democracy and Place service, the postholders will work as a team to engage with, support and develop VCS groups.
We want people who have experience of empowering and engaging with the sector. You will have an excellent knowledge of VCS organisational structure, policy and practice, being able to offer advice and guidance in a timely and detailed way. You will have experience of building the capacity of local groups, enabling them to deliver community-led solutions to local challenges.
You will work in a Place Based way, and act as the Council’s link to VCS groups, ensuring that local organisations can contribute to discussions and influence decisions that affect them. You will combine data and intelligence with local knowledge to analyse situations and connect people together, with an eye on the emerging funding and investment opportunities in Kirklees.
Main duties of the job:
- Developing the sector – through supporting groups with “organisational healthchecks” – making recommendations where improvements can be made, and meeting Grant Access Point (GAP) requirements
- Developing relationships between local groups, enabling mutual support and cooperation
- Horizon scanning opportunities for the VCS, and connecting people with them in a timely manner
- Harnessing the power and effort of volunteers and volunteering in a place based way. Ensuring that flexible and diverse quality opportunities fulfill the needs of volunteers, and those operating and using their services
- Coordinate networks around asset transfers, volunteering, fundraising and community development
- Support and act as a point of contact for research and evaluation across the voluntary and community sector
There will be an opportunity for you to learn more about the role by attending a Candidates Awareness Session, which will be held on
Tuesday 16th February between: Either 12.30-1.30pm or 6.30-7.30pm
If you would like to be invited to either of these sessions which will be held via Microsoft Teams, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you are required to complete the “Candidate Questionnaire” as part of the process, as this will be used in the shortlisting process.
28 February 2021, 11:55 PM