Trade and Investment Manager – FDI and Industrial Sectors
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
The LEP Trade and Investment team is seeking an exceptional individual to join as the Trade and Investment Manager to oversee its approach to attracting inward investment and developing the international profile of the region's key industrial capabilities.
This vacancy will manage an established team of professionals who provide advisory support to businesses considering investing into Leeds City Region. You will provide strategic leadership, drive and momentum to high profile bids to attract investors to the region from across the globe. You will also oversee an Investor Development team who work with the region's largest businesses to support the economic recovery and future growth.
There has never been a more important time to support the attraction of inward investment and generate export opportunities from Leeds City Region. With a new trading relationship with Europe and the economic recovery at the forefront of businesses decision making, the work of the Leeds City Region Trade and Investment team is critical to support future growth and resilience.
Reporting into the Director of Trade and Investment your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a dynamic team of Sector Managers, Business Development Executives and Key Account Managers to deliver a strategy for attracting, embedding, influencing and retaining inward investment in the Leeds City Region
- Promoting our regional economy internationally demonstrating a strong understanding of the regions key industrial sectors and the continual refinement of the overall inward investment offer
Please review the Role Profile provided on Our Website for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience
- Experience of providing leadership to individuals, teams and projects with a focus on collaboration, outputs and delivering high performance
- Strong influencing and relationship-building skills, with a demonstrable track record of problem-solving and effective account management with senior industry decision makers and central government
- Able to convey information confidently and professionally in a clear, concise and persuasive style to senior management, stakeholders and investors
- Strong understanding of corporate decision making alongside the bigger picture in the context of public sector policy
- Significant strategic experience of inward investment/economic development and the key drivers towards investment decision making and economic growth
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Fully funded travel in West Yorkshire on bus and rail with the MCard (currently under review)
- Flexible working practises with Health and Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits. The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your CV to our online application form telling us why you would be a great fit for our role. Please visit Our Website for more information and details of how to apply. Please apply by 11:55pm on 23 February 2021.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
28 February 2021, 11:55 PM