Area Manager Libraries - Internal
£40,876 - £42,821
Internally restricted job.
To apply for this job you must be an employee of the Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date. You must also be a substantive employee (or an employee with 12 months continuous service or more) of the Council or an Apprentice. Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
Kirklees Council is ambitious for its library service and the impact it can have on communities. Allied to the intention to work with people, libraries are a hub for our communities and much more than a place to borrow books – they belong to communities and we can’t run libraries without local people.
Kirklees Library services are reflective of the three key principles of the Kirklees Corporate Plan - working with people, working with partners and place-based working. The service is sensitive to the diversity of communities, their differing needs and abilities in terms of community capacity. The same is true of needs around accessing advice and information. There is a core partnership basis to service delivery, particularly with partners in health and the VCS, which enables library services to reach beyond the walls of physical libraries and into the places in communities where people really need them.
The Area Manager role is key in the management and delivery of a customer focused library service aligned with the Council corporate and service plans. Working with the Chief Librarian and the Library Development Manager you will develop a cohesive service that provides joined up and coordinated services, drive forward organisational development and change, and ensures the service can respond to the changing requirements of customers, the Council and the challenges of the external environment.
Your role will encompass leadership and strategic direction on a range of themes. You will be responsible for engaging with customers, colleagues, Councillors and partners both internal and external to the Council. You will provide clear leadership, direction and management of your staff to deliver excellent services which meet the needs of customers. You will also be responsible for the management of a delegated budget. Part of the senior management team, you will contribute to the formulation and development of Council strategies and future policies.
Requirement for this job:
- First degree and postgraduate qualification in Information and Library Management, or degree in Information and Library Management, or be able to demonstrate equivalent relevant experience;
- Experience of working in a library in either a professional or non-professional capacity;
- Experience of managing a diverse staff team in a number of locations;
- Experience of leading a team involving individuals and groups in communities aimed at widening access, increasing participation and developing and promoting services;
- Ability to develop and sustain partnerships with a wide variety of professionals and members of the community;
- Ability to lead change effectively;
- Proven ability of problem solving and finding solutions when managing and developing services.
28 February 2021, 11:55 PM
Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission.
If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
This vacancy is closed to applications.