IT Senior Officer – UX Developer (2 Jobs)
We are looking to appoint experienced UX Developers to join our Applications and Digital Services Team.
We are embarking on an exciting journey, to put effective use of technology at the heart of what we do, in meeting the needs of our residents, businesses and partners in Kirklees. We are a user focused Council and aspire to deliver excellent customer experiences through the development of digital services that you will design and build. Our aim is to improve access to services, enable self-service online and build services so easy to use that people will prefer to use them!
You will be part of the technical delivery team, working both independently and within agile project teams to deliver and manage high quality online services. In this role you will engage with end users, services, partners and other key stakeholders to collaboratively deliver solutions taking a user centered approach. You will have proven experience and a track record of designing, building and coding digital services including system interfaces and must have proven experience of delivering user testing with users from all backgrounds.
The types of activities will include:
- Designing and building digital services/solutions that work across multiple channels, devices, browsers and platforms, taking responsibility for the quality of code you produce
- Building accessible web interfaces, using industry standard frameworks
- Contributing to the delivery of style guides, site components and tools that enable consistent application of good practice layout, design and corporate branding.
- Advising on the technical feasibility of designs
- Advising on the requirements of GDPR and ensuring solutions are compliant
- Delivering user and functional testing (including observed, remote, mobile device, browser operability and accessibility standards) including the creation of test plans
- Delivering ‘show and tell’ presentations to a wide range of stakeholders
- Continually improving the service with new tools and techniques, and sharing approaches with the wider team
- Contributing to workshops to achieve user centered outcomes
- Effective design, creation and management of websites using content management systems, such as Drupal, Kentico and Wordpress
- Analysing user trends/behaviour in both public and private sector and making recommendations that inform online service delivery
- Keeping abreast of industry standards and best practice for digital service delivery
- Building strong working relationships and communicating effectively with delivery teams and service representatives at all levels
Key skills should include:
- strong skills in the use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- experience using prototyping software
- experience using standards testing platforms
- experience in managing and maintaining content management systems
- strong English spelling and grammar
- good level of knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Teams
Please see the attached generic Senior IT Officer Job Profile and UX Designer Focus Sheet for more information before applying.
To be shortlisted for this post, you will be asked to answer two shortlisting questions and provide recent evidence to demonstrate that you meet the specific skills and experience criteria of this post as detailed in this advert and the Job Profile/Focus Sheet.
*Please note that we adopt name blind shortlisting – it is your responsibility to ensure that any evidence provided does not contain personal information.
These jobs are currently funded to March 2025.
28 February 2021, 11:55 PM