Support Worker - North Kirklees Learning Disabilities Service - 6 Jobs
The working hours are between 8am until 5pm Monday to Friday.
North Kirklees Day Opportunities is for Adults who have a learning disability and complexed physical health or behaviour needs. We have six bases where we provide support for over seventy people every day meeting their physical health or behaviour needs, enabling individuals to maintain and improve their independence skills, make new friends and to find and engage in meaningful activities in the community and within the base.
We aim to:
- offer fair access to quality day opportunities for people with learning disabilities.
- support and include carers in our work.
- enable people to be independent and make their own decisions and choices.
- encourage people who use our services and their carers to be involved in planning and service delivery.
- improve the quality of life of people with Learning disabilities, complexed health and behaviour needs to support them to engage within the community-based activities and opportunities.
- provide a high level of personal, emotional, and physical support according to individual needs.
It is essential that you have a high level of understanding of Adult Social Care. You must be able to demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional training and development and possess a basic awareness of both health and safety issues and food hygiene.
Our offer to you:
You will receive full training in addition to a six-week induction and work alongside an experienced team of staff. Managers are visible and have an open-door policy - team work is highly valued.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Ongoing Training and Career development
- Excellent pension scheme
14 March 2021, 11:55 PM