Employment and Skills Officer (Job Connector) - internal
£31,346 - £33,782
This job is internally restricted. To apply for this job you must be an employee of the Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date. You must also be a substantive employee (or an employee with 12 months continuous service or more) of the Council or an Apprentice. Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
This job is temporary up to 31st December 2021 due to funding.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute directly to the local opportunities available for residents, by working as part of The Employment Hub programme, which has been developed in response to a Leeds City Region (LCR) European Structural Investment Fund (ESIF) call for ‘Routeways: Developing Young People’.
The Employment Hub provides support to:
- young people aged 15 – 24 to support them in identifying and accessing learning, employment and career opportunities;
- local businesses, prioritising those businesses who have never offered apprenticeships before.
Led by West Yorkshire Combined Authority, the Employment Hub is a partnership project between Local authorities and a range of delivery partners. In Kirklees this is Kirklees Council and C&K Careers.
As a member of the Employment Hub project team in Kirklees, you will be part of an ambitious and highly collaborative team. Your focus will be to:
- Undertake proactive employer engagement, looking for opportunities to create Work Experience , Kickstart , Employment and Apprenticeships
- Provide an independent apprenticeship brokerage service
- Advise employers on additional business support available and support them to access relevant opportunities
- Influence and support employers to embed innovative, inclusive and creative recruitment processes
- Co-ordinate and support the full recruitment process on behalf of employers
- Retain post recruitment employer links
- Maintain appropriate electronic records as directed in line with data protection requirements
You will be an individual who has knowledge, understanding and experience of working with businesses and / or apprenticeships with excellent communication skills and the ability to work autonomously.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate how you met the requirements of the job as described under The Person’ and ‘Person Checklist’ as detailed on the Job Profile. You should also refer to the ‘Summary Sheet’ for details relating to this specific project and the associated responsibilities for this.
28 February 2021, 11:55 PM
Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission.
If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.