Senior Caretaker - Ashbrow School
Salary: Grade 8
Start date: As soon as possible
What we are looking for?
At Ashbrow we are proud of our exceptionally rich learning environment, within an extensive and impressing setting. We take pride in making a difference for the community we serve. We have high expectations for everyone and always strive for the best. We are looking for a senior caretaker who will support us in ensuring the environment is clean, safe and well maintained to provide the best possible learning environment for our children.
- Previous experience of working within an estate management role
- Good communication skills and a team player
- Good at developing strong working relationships with employees and maintenance support agencies.
- Previous experience of managing a team
- A clear understanding of health and safety processes.
- Driven to ensuring a clean, safe working environment for children, staff and visitors
What will the role involve?
As senior caretaker, you will on a daily basis:
- Ensure health and safety obligations are met and manage statutory compliance for the premises
- Look after all hard and soft services facilities management including planned and reactive maintenance
- Lead cleaning team to ensure the school remains clean, is tidy and always safe to be open
- Provide maintenance and repairs on site
- Manage the supply chain of cleaning products
- Supporting contractors on site
- Ensure that all contractual obligations are achieved on a monthly or annual basis
- Build relationships, working closely with the school business manager and head teacher to ensure the school’s needs are met
Visits are warmly welcomed from prospective candidates. Please note that currently, visits to school will only be arranged outside of the school day and in line with social distancing guidelines.
To arrange a visit please contact Katrina Smith on 01484 452128.
Ashbrow School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance is required for this post prior to commencement.
Closing Date: 4th March 2021
Shortlisting: 5th March 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 8th March 2021
04 March 2021, 9:00 AM