£25,481 - £27,041
Personal Advisors are responsible for working with Looked after Young People and Care Leavers as they make the transition from care. The role of the Personal Advisor is to provide young people leaving care with advice and guidance. To assist young people in their participation in pathway planning to ensure that their pathway plans properly reflect their individual strengths, aspirations and needs.
You will fulfil statutory duties as set out in the Leaving Care Act which has two main aims: To ensure that Young People are supported to leave care and to provide care leavers with comprehensive support so that they achieve their potential as they make their transition to adulthood.
You will also need to make appropriate assessments of individual’s needs in collaboration with the Children Looked After Social Workers and other agencies as required.
The successful candidate will have experience of assessments, person centre planning and care management skills working actively with all partners to identify and meet individual’s needs. The post holders will need to have team working skills, the ability to produce innovative solutions and be forward thinking to help develop the service.
Requirements for this job:
- Experience of providing high quality services to children, young people and families or others with multiple vulnerabilities.
- An understanding of attachment and human development and an awareness of issues for children in care and leaving care.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance and the ability to apply this into to practice.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates excellent casework skills, including the ability to complete sound assessments, develop and review SMART plans.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Holds an NVQ Level 3 in Children & Families, Advice & Guidance or similar or a willingness to work toward this.
- Ability to use IT to support accurate case recording and management information as required by service standards.
Interviews will be held on 19th March 2021
07 March 2021, 11:55 PM