Social Worker (Peripatetic) - 3 jobs
Currently, the Council and its partners are undertaking a significant portfolio of transformational change activities that impact across the whole of the Council and Kirklees. Delivering complex whole system-wide changes, focused on improving outcomes requires us to be whole system leaders and consider new ways of working to meet the needs of citizens. We want to continue to be innovative and creative in the way we work to deliver our services to our communities. We know we have challenging times ahead, so are continuing to develop better and smarter ways of working.
As a Peripatetic Social Worker in the Adult Social Care Operation Service, you will be providing cover for existing team members who will be working on the projects. This role will involve working across North and South Kirklees community and hospital Social Care teams at different stages and is an exciting opportunity to expand your knowledge and develop your skills across different areas of Adult Social Care.
You must hold a recognised Social Work Qualification and be registered with Social Work England regulator.
We understand that social work is not an easy job and how important it is to take care of ourselves. We take your wellbeing seriously with wellbeing champions in our teams who understand when you might need additional support as well as keeping us energised through regular team activities.
What can we offer you?
- A bespoke induction programme to support you into your new role including access to coaching and mentoring.
- Opportunities to work flexibly for a positive work life balance.
- Mobile and agile working with a smartphone and laptop as a minimum.
- For newly qualified social workers support through the assessed supported year in employment with protected development time.
- For experienced social workers, a minimum of 5 days per year to complete and log social work continuous professional development.
- As part of our teaching partnership with the University of Huddersfield and University of York, Calderdale Council, City of York and North Yorkshire County Council we offer a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
- Events, discussion forums and learning lunches, access to webinars and research.
- A dedicated learning zone to support great social work and assessment practice.
- A refreshed approach to reflective supervision which supports professional practice.
- Well-established career progression.
- Principal Social Worker and Practice Educator Consultants to support great social work practice.
- Regular social work health checks to see what is working well, what needs to be improved and what you need to support you in your role.
14 March 2021, 11:55 PM
Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission.
If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.