Programme Manager - Creative Catalyst - West Yorkshire Combined Authority
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
This is a permanent post, with funding for this role in place for a minimum of two years. After this period, the post will be subject to the West Yorkshire Combined Authority’s Management of Change process.
The LEP Trade and Investment team is seeking an experienced and highly effective Programme Manager to lead on the delivery of the Creative Catalyst programme.
The Creative Catalyst Programme is a £1.5m programme established in response to Channel 4’s relocation to Leeds and their commitment to increase commissioning in the Nations and Regions. It focuses on supporting the growth of the creative sector in Leeds City Region, so that businesses based here are best placed to benefit from new opportunities.
We are therefore looking for an exceptional person to manage and drive this initiative forward, building on the momentum already achieved in this innovative programme. The post requires an excellent and credible communicator, well versed in working with a wide range of senior stakeholders, who can quickly and effectively understand the requirements of this high-profile programme and deliver results.
This is an important role within the Trade & Investment Team, contributing to our drive to support key sectors in the region to thrive and grow. As our international trading relationships change and following the impact of the pandemic, businesses across all sectors are evolving to respond to challenges, this role is pivotal in delivering our commitments.
Reporting into Trade and Investment Manager – Trade, Delivery and Business Operations, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Leading the delivery of a programme of activity in the creative sector, developing and managing the programme to deliver outputs and outcomes focused on skills and business growth.
- Managing external delivery partners and establishing strong and effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the creative sector, intermediary organisations and skills providers, to build momentum for the programme and to shape the programme’s activities.
- Working proactively and efficiently with colleagues internally to coordinate and manage the programme activity, ensuring compliance with governance and reporting requirements.
Please review the Role Profile provided on Our Website for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience
- Proven strong experience of managing and driving projects or programmes to successful conclusions, ensuring outputs are delivered and benefits realised.
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills with a demonstrable track record of working in partnership with a range of stakeholders including political members, suppliers, public and private organisations and internal colleagues to ensure effective delivery of objectives.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing budgets.
- An understanding of the TV production sector within the region, and more broadly an understanding of the wider creative and cultural industries.
- A good understanding of the Channel 4 Nations and Regions strategy, as well as other Out-of-London initiatives across the creative sector.
- An understanding of the skills ecosystem would be beneficial.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme.
- Fully funded travel in West Yorkshire on bus and rail with the MCard (Currently under review).
- Flexible working practises with Health and Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
Applicants are advised that the Combined Authority is currently in consultation with employees and Trade Unions to review the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Staff Benefits. The detail of the proposals for change, will be discussed with the successful candidate at the point of offer.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your CV to our online application form telling us why you would be a great fit for our role. Please visit Our Website for more information and details of how to apply. Please apply by 11:55pm on 03 March 2021.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
03 March 2021, 11:55 PM