Educational Support Assistant - St Aidan's CE Academy
Working hours to be arranged upon appointment
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hardworking person as an Educational Support Assistant, to work in a classroom, provide one-to-one support and deliver small group interventions.
St Aidan’s Academy is a warm and welcoming church school that is committed to ensuring that the children are at the heart of everything we do. You will work as part of a team including teachers and other support staff to support the learning and welfare of all pupils. Providing practical support for learning, educational activities, developing social skills, integration and for securing pupils’ physical and emotional wellbeing. We are part of the Learning Accord Multi-Academy Trust.
We pride ourselves in providing a safe, happy and caring environment, where all pupils are nurtured and valued.
We require the candidate to:
• Have a proven track record of nurturing and engaging positively with children, on a regular basis.
• Support children to develop their language, learning and appropriate social communication skills.
• Be flexible and be able to work well as part of a team.
• Be willing to undertake training, as required.
• NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants, or equivalent qualifications, or experience.
We welcome applications from candidates who hold a Cover Supervisor/Higher-Level Teaching Assistant Qualification.
We can offer you:
• A warm, welcoming, inclusive school with a friendly, enthusiastic and dedicated team of teachers and support staff.
• Excellent opportunities to develop professionally and grow in your role.
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference.
Visits to the school are limited due to Coronavirus restrictions, please contact the School Office on 01484 862142 for more information. St Aidan’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Completed forms should be returned directly to the School by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 20th November 2020
27 November 2020, 12:00 PM