Management Services Coordinator INTERNAL
£31,346 - £33,782
This job is internally restricted. To apply for this job you must be an employee of the Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date. You must also be a substantive employee (or an employee with 12 months continuous service or more) of the Council or an Apprentice. Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
At Kirklees we want to be innovative and creative in the way we work to deliver services to our communities. We know we have challenging times ahead, so we are always looking for better and smarter ways to work.
The Management Services team delivers many improvement projects right across the Environment Service, which includes Cleansing, Greenspace and Highways. The team often works closely with the Council’s IT service and external software providers to deliver many of these projects. It is a fast-paced working environment, with continual improvement as a key objective.
The Management Services team is responsible for information and data quality in numerous IT systems, utilising service and operational knowledge. In addition to training in this area being provided, the team also encourages learning in new technologies such as Microsoft’s Office 365 tools such as SharePoint, PowerApps and Power-Automate to improve how operational teams can record and report information in the field.
The team also has responsibility for Health and Safety records and documentation across Environment and Greenspace. As well as maintaining data quality on the SharePoint site utilising document libraries and SharePoint lists, the team invests time in developing better means of Health and Safety information capture. This is achieved utilising Microsoft PowerApps and Power-Automate which integrate directly from mobile devices to information stored on the SharePoint site. An understanding of Health and Safety is desirable to continue further development and improvement to this system.
Your key responsibility will be to coordinate the delivery of concurrent projects involving the development and implementation of Information Management systems and processes across the Environment service.
Reporting to the Management Services Manager, you will also be responsible for coordinating Information Management resources consistent with service needs and input to projects. You will manage large datasets, analysing and interpreting data (qualitative and quantitative) and generating performance management reports that support efficient service delivery and change.
Working with the Management Services Manager, you will work with services, co-ordinate intelligence, produce action plans, and evaluate methods of work to implement cutting edge, sophisticated systems integration solutions to optimise service delivery and determine service standards within resource requirements.
The job requires proficient and detail-oriented provision of support in the following areas: information management, work schedules, research, scenario building, process mapping, performance management and measurement.
You will be based in the Management Service Team supporting Environment services to have underpinning business intelligence and processes in place to help shape and manage how services are delivered.
You will be responsible for the development, implementation, co-ordination and ongoing support for key information management systems and provision of accurate and reliable information resources consistent with service needs. You will ensure that information resources provided comply with corporate standards and can support efficient and effective service delivery.
The postholder will ensure accurate and effective performance management arrangements are in place to support services and ensure tasks are undertaken, and resources are used appropriately to promote a culture where employees are valued and supported to deliver improvements.
Requirements of this role include:
- Qualification and/ or experience related to project management and successful project delivery, preferably in an area of development.
- Experiences of implementation and maintenance of work scheduling or data processing systems.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety legislation and the impact on this role.
- A proactive approach to problem solving together with the ability to analyse, determine and prioritise key actions to deliver project objectives.
- Experience of effective communication with stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation.
- Ability to provide and present reports and information to Project Board(s) or other forums.
- Proven ability to use IT, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Microsoft Office packages, especially having advanced skills in Excel
- Experience of data research and ability to prepare understandable and factual reports in a variety of formats.
- Can demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy/ precision when working with and analysing very large datasets.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports on a variety of project related topics
- Experience of quality checking your own work and the work of others.
- Able to produce notes of guidance and procedures and to deliver training.
- Understanding of information governance requirements.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate that you meet each of the criteria listed in the Person Checklist on the attached Job Profile.
To discuss this role further please contact Tristan Fethney on 01484 221000 (ext 78072) or Tristan.email@example.com.
22 November 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.