Liquidlogic Development Officer - Internal
Internally restricted job. To apply for this job you must be an employee of the Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date. You must also be a substantive employee (or an employee with 12 months continuous service or more) of the Council or an Apprentice. Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
We need an innovative and proactive Liquidlogic Development Officer to become an integral part of the Liquidlogic development team. You will be responsible for identifying and delivering learning and development support to the Service.
You will need, experience of training / Learning and Organisational Development, knowledge and understanding of a range of development approaches, such as coaching, ‘classroom’ delivery, facilitation, self-directed learning, peer learning and e-learning.
You need to be able to work autonomously, whilst being inclusive and have an ability to communicate across all areas and with various audiences, both verbally and in writing. You will work closely with other teams and areas of the service.
The main duties of this role will be:-
- Work with the service to identify appropriate areas of development and learning for the use of Liquidlogic and Controcc.
- Respond to complex enquiries and offering support to the development officers and the service.
- Supporting Superusers
- Delivering training sessions to new starters.
- Develop online training for the various Liquidlogic pathways.
- One to one support for staff where required.
- Attending and supporting development of workflow areas and practice issues within teams.
- Liaison with stakeholders, partners and other teams.
- Support the Project Manager in Coordinating the Task & Finish groups.
- Responsibility for maintenance and development of ‘me learning’ programme.
- Organise testing and service impact assessment of any system upgrades.
- Communication strategy for any changes to practice
It is essential that you have a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude, possess excellent customer care and communication skills and IT skills. Some knowledge of social care IT systems.
We can offer you:
- An attractive package which includes:
- A supportive team and management structure
- Continuous training and development
- Flexible working
- Interesting and innovative challenges and opportunities
- An opportunity to be part of a project that has a significant impact on the whole service and to make a real difference.
24 November 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.