HR Manager, Finance Assistant, School Business Manager - The Great Heights Academy Trust
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of The Great Heights Academy Trust.
The Great Heights Academy Trust is at an exciting stage of growth and development. Currently we are a growing multi-academy trust with four schools in the West Yorkshire area, and a fifth school due to join in the autumn term. In addition we are home to a Teaching School, SCITT, Research School and an English Hub.
For a full profile of the MAT please visit: https://greatheightstrust.org.uk/
To support our ambitions, we are seeking to expand our Core MAT Team with the recruitment of three new posts to start as soon as possible:
Experienced HR Manager to lead and oversee Human Resources.
20 hours a week, term-time only + 15 days.
Scale PO1-PO4 27-30 £31,346 - £33,782 (FTE).
Temporary for one year in the first instance.
Experienced Finance Assistant to assist the Chief Finance Officer and Finance Officer with all aspects of the effective operation of the Trust finance function.
15 hours a week.
Scale 5 (12-17) £22,183 - £24,491 (FTE).
Temporary for one year in the first instance.
Experienced School Business Manager to join the Leadership Team at The Greetland Academy alongside supporting the team of SBMs across the Trust.
37 hours a week term-time + 15 days.
Scale SO2 (26-28) £30,451 - £32,234 (FTE).
Full Details of each post can be found in the supporting information.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a progressive and forward thinking, Multi Academy Trust.
- Opportunities for development and career progression
- Benefits include –generous holiday entitlement, contributory pension through West Yorkshire Pension Fund.
Application packs can be downloaded below and from the Great Heights Academy Trust website: https://greatheightstrust.org.uk/
Please return your completed application form by email to Jayne Firth: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th November 10.00 a.m.
You will be the key point of contact throughout the Multi Academy Trust for advice and guidance relating to day to day operational HR matters, offering prompt and legally compliant advice and guidance.
You will be central to the ongoing development and implementation of sustainable HR systems and operating standards across the Trust, ensuring consistency across Academies, building the employer brand and supporting the MAT Team and Trustees in promoting a highly professional and effective working culture.
Working from our MAT Team office, from home, or from one of our school sites, you will be able to work autonomously, using your own initiative to manage multiple tasks and prioritise your workload to meet the needs of the Trust.
What we need:
- Your experience will be underpinned by a formal HR qualification and you may have experience in the education sector, although this is not essential.
- You will be customer focused, self-motivated, proactive and organised with the ability to manage a mix of operational and project work.
- You will have strong communications skills, confident and concise in advising and supporting managers on a diverse range of issues and have a proven ability to build highly effective internal and external business relationships at all levels.
- You will have experience within a generalist HR role, with specific experience of managing employee relations matters including disciplinary, grievance, capability and attendance.
- You will have an up to date knowledge of employment law and have used this knowledge in a wide variety of HR situations.
- You will be able to show resilience and able to handle a diverse and complex workload whilst maintaining a positive approach.
- You will be highly organised with the ability to manage your own workload and changing priorities.
The Trust Finance Assistant will work as part of the Finance Team in order to provide a high quality, efficient, effective and supportive finance service for all academies within the Trust. A willingness to work flexibly within the team is essential as are strong organisational, time management and customer service skills. Having previously worked in a finance environment, the successful candidate will have experience of completing a range of financial transactions and producing accounts information, excellent accuracy and attention to detail and a good level of IT skills.
What we need:
- You will be experienced in working in a busy office environment and dealing with multiple work streams.
- You will have previous finance and accounting experience (at least four years).
- You will have used software systems for finance administration and be proficient in using excel.
- You will have produced financial information for a range of stakeholders.
- You will be adept at problem solving, including being able to independently identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
School Business Manager
You will be an active member of the Leadership Team being responsible for promoting the highest standards of business ethos, underpinning the values and vision of the Trust and the Academy.
You will be responsible for strategic planning in relation to the business and support services of the Academy.
You will be responsible for personnel management; premises/catering management; admissions and attendance management; administration; finance; training and development of non-classroom based staff and all matters within the management of the Academy which are supportive to, but do not directly involve teaching and learning.
You will be employed by the Trust and be a key member of the SBM team within the Trust working with other SBM’s and must be prepared to work and/or assist at other academy offices short-term to assist staff absence/training needs.
What we will need:
- You will be an experienced SBM proficient in dealing with personnel management; premises/catering management; admissions and attendance management and administration.
- You will have proven experience of strategic planning, budget monitoring, cash management and procurement.
- You will be familiar with MIS programmes and IT modules.
- You will be confident in line managing staff.
- You will be capable of working with changing priorities and have a proven ability to handle a range of situations.
- You will be confident in successfully networking and building relationships with other organisations or institutions.
27 November 2020, 10:00 AM