KS2 Teaching Assistants - The Greetland Multi Academy Trust
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of The Greetland Multi Academy Trust.
The following posts are required ASAP, to work at Carlinghow Academy, Batley, Kirklees:
KS2 Teaching Assistant
30 hours per week, Term-Time only at Scale 2 Point 4 Salary £12,989.
Mon-Fri 8.45 – 3.15 with half hour for lunch.
KS2 Teaching Assistant
27.5 hours per week, Term-Time only at Scale 2 Point 4 Salary £11,907 (Full Year).
"Great Heights Academy Trust strives to always provide an inspirational, positive and welcoming environment where there is a sense of pride and fun and where everyone works together with confidence, enthusiasm and mutual respect."
We require two committed Teaching Assistants to provide support to Key Stage 2.
Generally, to work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher, to support access to learning for pupils and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Specifically, this may be to:
- Deliver personalised learning programmes for pupils
- Supporting individuals and groups within the setting
- Work within the school’s behaviour policy to ensure all pupils’ behaviour is managed positively
- Work closely with key members of staff to ensure positive outcomes for pupils
- Liaise with parents and carers to ensure an enjoyable school experience for families
- Provide verbal and written feedback to pupils about how well they have achieved and what they need to do next to further improve
- Keep records in line with school policies and procedures
- have a clear understanding of the ways in which children learn and a range of effective teaching styles which meet the children's individual needs
- be confident in your ability and work with initiative
- work well within a team, be keen to share ideas and happy to take advice from colleagues and specialist staff
- be keen to develop skills further by completing training signposted by key leaders.
- be determined to make a positive difference to the young people at Carlinghow Academy
- be able to smile a lot and model high expectations of yourself and others
- be caring, friendly, adaptable and hardworking
In return we offer the successful applicant:
- happy, enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn.
- a well-resourced and attractive learning environment.
- a highly skilled, loyal and supportive team of staff and senior leaders
- bespoke professional development to ensure that you as an employee, ‘reach great heights’
Great Heights Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for all relevant posts.
If you would like to learn more about the post, please download our application pack from: https://greatheightstrust.org.uk/employment-opportunities/
Please return your completed application form by email to Jayne Firth, Chief Operations Officer: email@example.com
or alternatively post to the Trust school address: The Greetland Academy, School Street, Greetland, Halifax HX4 8JB, marking the envelope ‘FAO Jayne Firth’.
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th November (10 a.m.)
During COVID 19 it is not possible to arrange visits to the school, however if you would like a telephone conversation please contact Dani Worthington on 07542 683864
27 November 2020, 10:00 AM