Senior Learning Mentor & Learning Mentor - The Greetland Academy
Kirklees Council are advertising these roles on behalf of The Greetland Academy.
Required ASAP the following posts to work at The Greetland Academy:
Senior Learning Mentor/Pastoral Manager
30 hours a week term-time only
Scale 5 (point 12-17)
17.5 hrs per week, 8.30 – 12.00 Term-Time Only
Scale 4 (Point 7-11)
Great Heights Academy Trust strives to always provide an inspirational, positive and welcoming environment where there is a sense of pride and fun and where everyone works together with confidence, enthusiasm and mutual respect.’
Why should you come and join our team?
The Greetland Academy’s promise to our children is that we will attract, retain and develop excellent staff and so the personal welfare and professional development of staff is paramount to us. We believe that our team should be at the heart of our vision and that we should use their talents to achieve our goals: you could be an integral part of this team.
We are wishing to set up a new pastoral support team to replace our long standing decidicated parent support worker. We require a calm, caring and considerate team committed to supporting and nurturing children with a deep interest in inclusive education. You will need to plan and lead interventions. You will be required to liaise with parents, teachers and external agencies and have enthusiasm, patience, resilience and a positive outlook.
Senior Learning Mentor/Pastoral Manager
- Work alongside teachers and other staff (particularly in Key Stage 2), addressing the needs of children who require assistance in overcoming barriers to learning in order to achieve their full potential.
- Cover lessons when required.
- Act as Lead support to other Learning Mentors.
- Take a shared lead (DSL) in the safeguarding of pupils.
- Monitor attendance and punctuality of pupils implementing school based strategies.
- Organise and run extracurricular activities at pinch points during lunchtimes and breaks.
- Be responsible for the administration of medical policies and procedures.
- work alongside teachers and other staff (particularly in Key Stage 1), addressing the needs of children who require assistance in overcoming barriers to learning in order to achieve their full potential.
- strive to maintain standards of achievement, attendance and behaviour throughout the school.
- liaise with outside agencies, parents and other professionals as appropriate.
In return we offer the successful applicants:
- wonderful children with a desire to learn.
- a calm, caring environment where children are well-behaved.
- a highly skilled, loyal and supportive team of staff and senior leaders.
- bespoke professional development to ensure that you as an employee, ‘reach great heights’.
- supportive and proactive parents who will work with you to make sure their children succeed.
Great Heights Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants to posts that are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS (formerly CRB) from the Disclosure and Barring Service, the appropriate pre-employment checks that will include references from previous employers, confirmation of the right to work in the UK before the appointment is confirmed.
If you would like to learn more about the post, please download our application pack from https://greatheightstrust.org.uk/employment-opportunities/
Please return your completed application form by email to Jayne Firth, Chief Operations Officer: email@example.com or alternatively post to the Trust school address: The Greetland Academy, School Street, Greetland, Halifax HX4 8JB, marking the envelope ‘FAO Jayne Firth’.
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th November at 10.00 a.m.
Interviews Wednesday 2nd December by Zoom
During COVID 19 it is not possible to arrange visits to the school, however if you would like further information about the post please contact Helen Crowther firstname.lastname@example.org
27 November 2020, 10:00 AM