Support Staff - Southgate School
- Intervention Officer (32.5 hours per week)
- Cover Supervisor (30.5 hours per week)
Temporary and Permanent positions available
Required for January 2021 or sooner
We are looking for experienced senior support staff who are passionate about improving the lives of vulnerable young people with complex needs.
Our school opened in May 2017 following relocation and has since doubled in size. We have 156 pupils on roll and are continuing to grow. All of our pupils have an Education Health and Care Plan and are aged from 4-16.
We are a school committed to the principles of nurture with 3 distinct pathways. Each pathway is underpinned by a strong research and development base and offers a personalised and tailored curriculum
The successful candidate will join our experienced and child centred team and help us to grow our whole school intervention culture. This will be to upskill class teams to deliver intervention, providing support for pupils and class teams. They will be able to form trusting and professional relationships with our young people, model the delivery of personalised interventions to individuals and small groups, and upskill staff (see full job description)
The successful candidate will deliver learning under the supervision of the teacher to individuals and small groups of pupils. In addition, they will be prepared and able to undertake short term cover in the absence of the class teacher (pre-planned). In this role, you will have the confidence to lead a class and take responsibility for behaviour. When not used for cover, they will be expected to work flexibly to support the needs of the school
The successful candidates will:
- be committed to our whole school nurture approach
- have experience as an effective member of support staff who has made a significant contribution to improving the lives of pupils with SEN
- be suitably qualified to undertake the role
- use personalised approaches to help pupils achieve their potential
- be able to keep up physically with the demands of working within a Special School where pupils have complex needs
- be resilient and able to reflect
- have a passion for children's learning and wellbeing
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work as part of a team
- be confident, positive, calm, sensitive and tenacious.
- have Team Teach training or the equivalent (or be willing to undertake this training) and be calmly confident about using positive physical intervention when this is required
- be committed to the safeguarding of children
If you require further information about the role or if you would to arrange a visit to the school, please contact Ruth Perfitt, Deputy Headteacher on telephone: 01484 504544. Visits are encouraged and welcomed on most days
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Closing date: Friday 27 November 2020
Shortlisting: w/c 30 November 2020
Interviewing: w/c 7 December 2020
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached. A CV is not required.
Application forms and shortlisting questionnaires should be returned to Josephine Hallas, Business Manager at email@example.com or to Southgate School, Southfield Road, Almondbury, Huddersfield, HD5 8TG
27 November 2020, 11:55 PM