Kirklees Safeguarding Children Partnership Independent Scrutiny Officer
12-month temporary contract
The Kirklees Safeguarding Children Partnership is seeking to appoint a dedicated and experienced Independent Scrutineer to support the Partnership in fulfilling its statutory responsibilities, by providing independent and objective scrutiny of the multi-agency safeguarding arrangements.
The role of the Independent Scrutineer is to act as a constructive critical friend to the Partnership by offering high support and high challenge, and to advocate reflection to help strengthen a practice learning culture, promote continuous improvement and achieve positive outcomes for children, young people, and families.
The independent scrutiny function is critical in to provide assurance in judging the strength and effectiveness of the Kirklees Safeguarding Children’s Partnership (KSCP) multi agency arrangements to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children and young people across the district.
The role will initially involve Chairing of the Partnership Executive meetings.
Requirements of the Independent Scrutineer
- Substantial knowledge and experience of strategic and operational safeguarding
- Experience of developing strong, effective, and productive partnerships at a senior level.
- Familiarity with multi-agency safeguarding Partnership arrangements, and operational practice with these; together with knowledge and experience of Partnership inspection frameworks.
- Commitment to strengthening multi-agency working, to help ensure improved outcomes for children, young people, and their families
- High level knowledge of the relevant legislation, guidance, and policy frameworks, within which the Kirklees Safeguarding Children Partnership operates.
- Ability to chair complex multi-agency discussions that lead to assurances and improvements to policy and practice.
- Experience of working in a political environment.
- Experience of working with the media.
29 November 2020, 11:55 PM