Community Coordinator x 2 jobs - Internal
This job is internally restricted. To apply for this job you must be an employee of the Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date. You must also be a substantive employee (or an employee with 12 months continuous service or more) of the Council or an Apprentice. Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
37 hours - Fixed term for a year to cover a maternity
18.5 hours - Fixed term for 12 months to cover a maternity
Community Plus is an asset and strength based approach to working with individuals and communities and our work and engagement with individuals and communities will explore community based solutions and in doing so seek to reduce the demand on statutory provision. Community Plus seeks to act as the connecting layer between services and community and is for people of all ages and abilities.
Community Co-ordinators will work alongside local people, identify local groups and local resources, explore peer and neighbourhood support and seek to develop community networking. Post holders will seek to encourage people to cope better with life challenges, get the right help at the right time, encourage self-help enable people to thrive and strengthen individual and community resilience.
Requirements for this job:
- Skilled in delivering and advocating asset based approaches – focussed on mobilising on the skills and assets of individuals and communities – not their deficits, and building their personal resilience
- Experienced in community organising, community development or volunteer co-ordination, and able to motivate, mobilise and co-ordinate efforts across communities, volunteers and diverse stakeholders
- High energy, strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Empathic and able to relate to individuals, groups and organisations in a variety of different circumstances
- Knowledgeable and understanding of the issues affecting the lives of the target populations and the services, initiatives and policies that impact on them and good understanding of diverse communities
- Experience of working with young people, adults and vulnerable groups.
29 November 2020, 11:55 PM
Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission.
If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.