Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion
KIRKLEES COUNCIL OFFER THIS ROLE ON BEHALF OF BRADFORD COUNCIL
Dean Field School is vibrant one form entry primary school at the heart of the Ovenden community. Dean Field is part of the Family of Learning Trust and works in collaboration with Beech Hill School.
At Dean Field we are determined to continue to improve standards and outcomes across the school. We are committed to providing a nurturing and secure environment for our pupils to learn.
We have the following post available to start in January 2021:
Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion
Salary: Leadership 1-5
Contract Term: Permanent - Full Time
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced SENDCO who has the ability to motivate and inspire our pupils to achieve their best. We are committed to our trust vision of ‘Learning Without Limits’ and are looking to appoint an aspiring leader to lead the strategy for our most vulnerable learners. You should be passionate about ensuring an inclusive education for all students, with a commitment to whole school improvement.
This is a superb role for an ambitious person with drive and determination to take ownership of inclusion and develop the role with the full support of a fantastic senior management team. It is an excellent opportunity for a qualified and experienced SENDCO to continue to work with SEND pupils and give you the chance develop your leadership skills.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to work within our wider Trust team but most importantly be able to work independently and use your own initiative. Candidates must have effective organisational skills and a willingness to contribute to school life.
You will be expected to:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Work in a creative and inspirational way with high expectations and be committed to raising standards
- Be able to challenge, motivate and support pupils
- Have excellent communication skills and a commitment to working as part of a team
- Be committed to the principles of inclusion
- Have high expectations of behaviour
- Have the ability to analyse assessment data, monitor standards and plan actions for improvement
- Have a flexible and positive approach to challenge and change.
In return we will offer:
- A friendly, caring and inclusive school community where everyone is valued.
- Enthusiastic children who enjoy learning.
- Excellent teaching facilities which create a vibrant and imaginative learning environment.
- An experienced, supportive and successful team who love to work collaboratively.
- A plethora of opportunities to support you on your chosen career path
The benefit package includes:
- Membership of Teachers’ Pension with employer contribution of 23.6%
- An Employee Assistance Programme, offering support and access to resources to help you maintain a healthy work life balance
- Excellent team support and resources to assist with planning and assessment
- Commitment to professional development for all staff recognised through our Investors in People Gold award.
- Opportunities to work with other schools and groups of schools to share good practice
There are significant opportunities for your professional development through the Family of Learning Trust Schools and we will support your professional journey.
Are you interested in finding out more about us and telling us about yourself? If so, we would like to invite you to visit the school to meet the leadership team, staff and pupils. Please ring the school on 01422 258258 and speak with Mrs Pether, the Headteacher to arrange a visit.
For further information about Dean Field School and for a comprehensive application pack with further information about our school please visit our website: www.deanfieldschool.co.uk Alternatively please telephone the school office on 01422 258258 for an application pack.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 18th September 2020
It is anticipated that assessment and interviews will take place on 1st and 2nd October 2020.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. Applicants to posts that are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS (formerly CRB) from the Disclosure and Barring Service, the appropriate pre-employment checks that will include references from previous employers, confirmation of the right to work in the UK before the appointment is confirmed.
18 September 2020, 9:00 AM
This vacancy is closed to applications.