Apprentice Educational Teaching Assistant
Ravenshall School is seeking to appoint enthusiastic, highly motivated apprentices to work with an experienced team to develop the skills, knowledge and attributes to become a successful Teaching Assistant.
Working as an apprentice Teaching Assistant you will support the teacher in creating a safe and enjoyable learning environment for all pupils. During lessons, you will work with the class teacher to support pupils with classroom activities and help to manage behaviour.
Your duties will include:
- Working under the direction of the class teacher with children in the classroom, to support small groups of pupils on pre-planned activities to reinforce the teacher’s approach
- To provide all aspects of care and supporting learning opportunities which may include washing, changing and feeding
- Uphold standards within the school by adhering to all policies and procedures
- Assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the highest standards of education and care are provided
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
Ravenshall School values and invests in all our staff by providing a range CPD opportunities. We offer all of our staff access to appropriate CPD opportunities. Initially you will work towards the Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF).
Working hours will be 8.30am to 3.15pm Monday to Friday, term time plus 5 Inset days.
We strongly encourage you to visit the school before applying for this post. Visits are available on Wednesday 9, Thursday 10, Tuesday 15 and Thursday 17 September, at 3:15pm. Please contact us on 01924 456811 to arrange a visit.
Completed application forms should be returned by email directly to the school at: email@example.com
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check
23 September 2020, 12:00 PM