Senior Educational Teaching Assistant (Behaviour) - Ravenshall School
BEHAVIOUR & INCLUSION TEAM MEMBER required to start 02/11/2020 or sooner if possible
Ravenshall School has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Behaviour Support Assistant to join our highly effective Inclusion Team.
If you are passionate about improving students’ life chances, have experience of working with children who have a wide range of Special needs including ASC, SEMH and complex learning needs alongside having the skills to manage pupil’s behaviour in a positive way, then we would like you to hear from you.
Ravenshall School is a highly successful Outstanding Special School for pupils aged 4 -19 who have learning difficulties and a wide range of medical and complex needs. Many of our pupils also have communication difficulties.
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Has expertise and experience of working with children and young people who have SEND
- Has a strong and resilient character
- Can support teaching staff and students to improve their educational and social potential and manage behaviour in a positive way
- Is comfortable to deal with some personal care tasks
- Possesses strong communication skills with the ability to quickly build rapport and trusting relationships with children and young adults
- Has strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with other professional agencies and families, creating action plans, reports and other administrative documents
- Has confidence, patience and a holistic approach to be able to de-escalate challenging behaviour
- Has a firm understanding of supporting the social, emotional and mental health needs of children and young people
- Can work supportively and flexibly within a strong team of colleagues to provide whole school support across all phases
- Has a good sense of humour and enjoys the challenge of working in a specialist setting
Our outstanding staff and students make us a great place to work. We also invest positively in staff career development so, if you join us, you will be supported and developed through our extensive CPD programme and other opportunities to gain expertise in your role.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you make a visit to the school. Appointments are available with our Behaviour and Inclusion Team Leader will be available to show you around and answer questions. Please telephone the school to arrange your visit.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you make a visit to the school. Our Behaviour and Inclusion Team Leader will be available to show you around and answer questions. Visits will take place on Tuesday 15 and Thursday 17 from 3.15pm. Please arrange your visit with Mrs Rachel Thackray, School Business Manager.
Please return your completed application form by email to email@example.com
25 September 2020, 12:00 PM