General Manager - Partnerships - Employment Support Team
Do you have an interest in supporting people to reach their goals and aspirations? Are you keen to support the delivery of high quality and varied projects in a busy and challenging role?
Are you a good communicator able to work collaboratively with a wide range of colleagues, customers and partners?
Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing (KNH) currently manages 22,000 homes for Kirklees Council. Working with our communities it is our vision to provide, ‘Quality Homes and Services in successful communities’. We take our vision seriously and work hard to achieve this.
The main requirement of the General Manager role will be to support the Head of Service and Service Manager in the Partnerships Service with the strategic, operational and financial management of the business. The post holder will become an integral member of a larger management team who will work in close collaboration with colleagues across the organisation and a wide variety of partners in line with KNH’s core behaviours and values to deliver the organisation’s purpose, vision and objectives.
There are several functions the postholder will be responsible for including:
- Working in collaboration with the General Manager with responsibility for Tenant Involvement and Empowerment
- Management of a Team Leader and a team of 3 Housing Officers
- Contributing to the development and successful implementation of KNH’s:
- Employment Plan
- Pre-Apprenticeship Programme
- Children and Young People’s Plan
- Healthy Places, Healthy People’s Plan
You will also be required to deputise for the Service and General Managers in Partnerships and, possibly other General Managers across the business, as and when required.
To do this role you will need:
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grade 4 (C) or above in English & Maths or equivalent
- Degree level qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to interact effectively and sensitively, in person, via the telephone and in writing with a range of stakeholders, internal and external
- Skill and ability to work with partner organisation to achieve common goals
- Proven experience and ability to understand the importance of budgetary control and proactively manage budgets
In addition to joining a great team, you will receive the following:
*A competitive salary of between £40,876 - £42,821.
*Entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme, including Life Assurance.
*Generous holiday entitlement of 27.5 days annual leave, increasing to 32.5 days with continuous service, plus bank holidays.
*Access to a range of well-being support initiatives including but not limited to: an Employee Assistance programme, Healthy Eating Active Lifestyle assessments, Cycle to Work programme and discounted KAL gym membership.
Interviews will be held on 19th and 21st October 2020.
04 October 2020, 11:55 PM