Deputy Headteacher - Howard Park
The Governing Body of Howard Park are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head who will work closely alongside the newly appointed Headteacher to lead the school in the next phase of its development. This post will start in January 2021
Howard Park Community School is a one form entry primary school set in the town of Cleckheaton and is very much a community school in every sense of the word. The school has built strong relationships with parents and participates in a multitude of events around Cleckheaton and the wider community. Over the last few years results have steadily risen and the school now has a record of achieving above National in both reading and maths in the KS2 SATs. Writing has historically been a focus for improvement and whilst result have still been below national, the gap has steadily closed. The Children’s Centre that the school leads promotes a variety of courses and opportunities to support the local community. This ethos is carried over in to the way that school supports a number of families.
The key areas of this role will be to support the Headteacher in leading the school to further improvement. Taking significant leadership roles to drive forward further improvements will be essential alongside placing pupils at the heart of every decision they make.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent primary practitioner with high aspirations for both pupils and colleagues.
- Have successful experience as a leader (Deputy Headteacher, Assistant Headteacher or other significant Leadership role) in the primary phase.
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about children’s learning and development.
- Be an effective communicator
- Be able to think reflectively and creatively
- Be engaged with current educational research.
- Be flexible and willing to get involved.
- Have the ability to deputise for the Headteacher.
- Lead on whole-school curriculum development; teaching and learning.
We can offer:
- A supportive leadership team with high quality further professional development.
- Hard-working staff, committed to raising pupil outcomes.
- A supportive Governing Body which is committed to driving the school forward.
Further information can be found by going to www.howardpark.co.uk
Application forms should be returned by emailing email@example.com or by posting to the Head teacher at the school by 12:00pm on Friday 25th September 2020.
25 September 2020, 12:00 PM