Educational Teaching Assistants (ETA) and Social and Emotional Support/ ETA (Southgate School)
Our nurture school is looking to recruit dedicated support staff; they must be committed to improving the lives of our pupils who have a range of complex special educational needs.
We are looking to recruit a number of Educational Teaching Assistants to work at Southgate School on fixed term and permanent contracts. We also require a Social and Emotional Support Worker/ ETA who is able to work more flexibly across the school including outreach.
Southgate was recognised as a ‘good’ school by Ofsted (November 2018). Our school opened in June 2017 following relocation. We are a school for pupils with complex needs aged from 4-16. There are currently 155 pupils on role and we will have more than doubled in size when we reach our capacity of 164.
We are a school committed to the principles of nurture with 3 distinct pathways. Each pathway is underpinned by a strong research and development base and offers a personalised and tailored curriculum. A thorough induction programme will be followed up with continuous training and development.
As an ETA in this school you will deliver a huge range of different strategies and approaches. You should be able to deliver learning under the supervision of the teacher to individuals and small groups of pupils. Our days can be challenging but deeply rewarding.
The successful candidate will:
- be committed to our whole school nurture approach
- use personalised approaches to help pupils achieve their potential
- be able to keep up physically with the demands of working within a Special School where pupils have complex needs
- be resilient and able to reflect
- have a passion for children's learning and wellbeing
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work as part of a team
- be confident, positive, calm, sensitive and tenacious.
- have Team Teach training or the equivalent (or be willing to undertake this training) and be calmly confident about using positive physical intervention when this is required
- be committed to the safeguarding of children
In addition to the above, the Social and Emotional Support Worker/ ETA will:
- be flexible and adaptable
- be willing to use their own vehicle for work and travel around the Kirklees area (although the school has recently purchased an electric vehicle)
Interviews will be held week commencing 5 October 2020 at the school.
Applicants who would like to visit the school please contact our Business Support Office. Tel: 01484 504544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please return completed application forms to email@example.com.
Southgate School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check in line with our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
25 September 2020, 11:55 PM