Electrician - INTERNAL
To apply for this job you must be an employee of Kirklees Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date - and have successfully completed your probationary period.
Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
Homes and Neighbourhoods currently manages 22,000 homes for Kirklees Council. Working with our communities it is our vision to provide, ‘Quality Homes and Services in successful communities’. We take our vision seriously and work hard to achieve this.
As an Electrician you will travel throughout Kirklees and surrounding areas to deliver the duties of this role and meet the needs of the business and its customers. You will be expected to work flexibly, around core hours, based on an annual hour’s allowance with the needs of the business being the priority. You may also be required to work overtime. You will have excellent communication and customer care skills to effectively liaise with a variety of customers and clients both internally and externally.
You may be required to work from a handheld mobile device and complete relevant records to ensure the department has up to date and accurate information.
You will build and maintain effective working relationships and communication links and be a representative of Kirklees Council with internal and external clients and customers.
You will have excellent communication and customer care skills to effectively liaise with a variety of customers and clients both internally and externally.
You will work with colleagues across the organisation in line with Kirklees Councils core behaviours and values and contribute to the delivery of the organisation’s purpose, vision and objectives.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Served a recognised electrical apprenticeship.
- Possess a level three NVQ in electrical installation (or equivalent)
- Preferably have the current 18th Edition electrical standard and C&G239 (or equivalent). Not having these items is not necessary as long as there is a willingness to undertake them once onboard.
- Have experience of domestic and/or commercial electrical installations, in particular, a proven track record of inspection, testing and certification.
To do this role you will need:
- A full valid UK driving licence and ability to pass the Kirklees Council van test.
- To be physically fit to bend, lift, carry, work at heights and in confined spaces while carrying out your duties.
In addition to joining a great team, you will receive the following:
- A competitive salary of between - £33,820 - £36,298
- Entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme, including Life Assurance.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 27.5 days annual leave, increasing to 32.5 days with continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- Access to a range of well-being support initiatives including but not limited to an Employee Assistance programme, Healthy Eating Active
- Lifestyle assessments, Cycle to Work programme and discounted KAL gym membership.
Our employees are at the very heart of the services we provide to the community, to help us achieve our ambitions, we want the best possible team. In return, we will make sure you are rewarded with a great range of staff benefits to support you in and out of work.
15 December 2022, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.