Area Catering Manager (INTERNAL)
To apply for this job you must be an employee of Kirklees Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date - and have successfully completed your probationary period. Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
Further location details: Hybrid working at Flint Street office and homeworking.
Kirklees Council has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Area Catering Manager with multi-site experience and a real passion for food to join an established team operating within a thriving commercial environment.
This opportunity is based within the Environment & Climate Change Directorate, within the Venues Service which contributes to maximising income generation and the efficient use of Council premises to provide the best outcome for its customers and residents of Kirklees.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team responsible for managing the commercial development of a number of schools with a business/community and activity focus, with customer focused outcomes at the heart of all you do.
The Service provides high quality catering to 175+ schools throughout Kirklees and neighbouring authorities along with a number of commercial venues. The service employs in excess of 900 staff and has a turnover of approximately £19M per annum.
Working within a commercially driven environment you will be responsible for supporting the strategic, direction, developing and implementing strategies, projects, and activities to support service outcomes whilst effectively and efficiently managing day to day operational performance.
You will be responsible for maximising income and financial contribution, compliance with Food Safety, and Health & Safety, to ensure a safe working environment and contribute to the development of promotion and publicity to raise awareness, increase sales/uptake, and develop client relations.
You will manage a large team of people ensuring that all statutory and individual training needs are met.
- Significant experience within the Catering industry with multi-site experience gained in busy commercial and customer facing operations
This is a permanent position working 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday with occasional weekend working to support business needs.
- Government pension scheme
- Holidays 27.5 days per annum (pro rata) plus bank holidays with additional holiday entitlement for length of service
- Employee benefits scheme
As the Area Catering Manager, you will be responsible for/to:
- Operational & financial performance within the school portfolio
- Health Safety and Food Safety legislation
- Recruitment, training, and employee development
- Manage HR in line with policies and procedures
- Motivate, enthuse, and inspire your teams
- Implement initiatives to improve quality and customer service outcomes
- Delivery of exceptional customer service
- Work to targets and KPIs'
- Maintain systems & processes
- Engage with a variety of people to develop relationships to promote the service to users and external partners
- Excellent people, communication, and man-management skills
- The ability to train, develop, and performance manage people
- Strong financial & commercial acumen with previous responsibility for budget monitoring, and financial planning knowledge
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- A hands-on approach with a keen eye for detail
- IT literate - working with systems & process
- A flexible approach: you will enjoy building relationships with other services and external partners, meeting and working with people from different backgrounds
- Driven, self-motivated, and sales, service, and standards focused with strong leadership skills and an inspirational approach that enables you to motivate people
- Ability to work to deadlines whist maintaining accuracy of detail
16 December 2022, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.