An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Licensing Service. We are looking for experienced individuals to join our team who can bring their knowledge and experience to an ever-growing team.
The licensing service has overall responsibility for the administration, inspection and enforcement of licences issued under the Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, Private Hire and Hackney Carriage legislation and other General Licensing legislation. The service is extremely busy, and you will be required to promote and actively support the Council’s responsibilities towards safeguarding.
You will be responsible to the Group Leader in Licensing, and you will contribute to the effective and efficient performance of the licensing service.
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience in working with the following legislation, in both its application and enforcement:
- Knowledge and experience of Court proceedings related to licensing and experience of working with and adhering to PACE, CPIA and RIPA
- Experience of working in an enforcement related position
- Has the ability to organise their own workload, work to deadlines and contribute to service improvement planning and project work.
- Effective IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Software and Uniform licensing software package
- Ability to carry out inspection and enforcement duties outside normal office hours
- Knowledge and understanding of including and diversity issues
The Licensing Officer role attracts a salary enhancement of 6.6% due to working enforcement shifts outside of normal working hours
To be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile - this information needs to be inserted under the 'Relevant skills, experience and behaviours' section on the Application Form.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Mike Skelton (Senior Licensing Officer) on 01484 221000 or Matthew Bibby (Acting Senior Licensing Officer) on 01484 221000
18 December 2022, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.