Housing Support Worker (Huddersfield) - Fusion Housing
KIRKLEES COUNCIL ARE ADVERTISING THIS ROLE ON BEHALF OF FUSION HOUSING.
We are part of a partnership of social sector organisations (KBOP - Kirklees Better Outcomes Partnership) working to support people in our community who face an increased risk of homelessness as a result of their support needs. Our goal is to help the people using our service to secure or maintain suitable accommodation, to improve their health & well-being, and to develop the skills they need to live independently. We work with individuals who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness and deliver our services in an asset-based way, led by our participants and their goals.
We are looking for a motivated, dynamic individual to join our team of skilled and experienced Housing Support Workers, working one to one with our participants to achieve their goals in an outcomes-based framework.
The role includes:
- Sitting down with people, finding out about their life journey and working together to make their goals a reality.
- Being understanding and supportive when times are tough; you’ll become that friendly face for someone to talk and listen to.
- Having difficult conversations with the people you support; being open and honest about the challenges and putting a plan in place together about what to do next.
- Working with people from different parts of the community, showing a passion and an interest in learning new things
- Knowledge of the housing system and experience of working with people who may struggle with their mental wellbeing, substance use or staying out of prison.
- Variety day to day where you will be able to plan your diary when needed and recognise what’s important to the people you support.
- Having a positive and enthusiastic attitude and a sense of curiosity and imagination.
- Working on a fast paced, outcome-based contract.
- Working in a close-knit team who are supportive of each other and happy to get stuck in
If you feel the role is something that fits your experience, we look forward to hearing from you.
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Applicants must submit a CV and a covering letter explaining why they are applying for the post and their suitability, addressing all criteria on the employee specification OR they can complete our online application form via the Fusion Housing Website
Job description, employee specification and guidance notes for applicants are available to download from the Fusion Housing Website
Please email your CV and covering letter to HR@fusionhousing.org.uk, enquiries about the role can also be sent to this address
CLOSING DATE: The closing date has been extended from Friday 30th December 2022 to Monday 16th January 2022 (vacancy may close if filled before this date)
INTERVIEWS: application forms and CVs with covering letters will be reviewed as they arrive, and interviews offered to suitable candidates. This may mean that the vacancy is filled before the closing date.
As an employee of Fusion Housing, all successful applicants benefit from the following:
- 30 days annual leave; 2 Floating Days; statutory bank holidays (all pro-rata for P/T staff)
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working policy and the autonomy to manage your own diary
- 5% employer pension contribution
- 30-minute paid break per day
- Pension salary sacrifice scheme
- Sick pay scheme
- Inclusive maternity and parental policies and pay
- Health Cash Plan
- Access to counselling helpline
- Access to corporate KAL membership
- Health and wellbeing and fun organisational staff away days
- A full range of staff and peer support networks
Fusion Housing has a commitment to safeguarding children and adults at risk and will ensure that all its policies reflect this. This recruitment is taking place under our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and Procedures. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
16 January 2023, 5:00 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.