Project Officer (White Rose Forest Grant Administrator)
£37,890 - £39,880
Please note the generic Job Profile states Project Officer, please see the Focus Sheet attached for the specific requirements for the job
Kirklees Council is the Accountable body for the White Rose Forest (WRF) joint venture agreement that covers North and West Yorkshire. The White Rose Forest is one of 10 community forest partnerships in England . Our aim is to significantly increase tree cover over the next 30 years in our area and do so by bringing people and communities into the process of planning planting and looking after the trees and new woodlands.
The Core WRF Team lead by a Programme Director is based inside the Major Projects Service and is responsible for ensuring that the WRF joint venture operates efficiently across North and West Yorkshire. The Accountable body is responsible to
- any Funder for ensuring that Funding is spent properly and in accordance with all conditions applying to its expenditure;
- take primary responsibility for putting management structures in place to oversee the co-ordination of the WRF Project
- provide administrative support for the WRF Steering Group
- convene regular meetings of the WRF Steering Group
At the direction of the Programme Director, the WRF Grant Administrator postholder will be responsible for these 4 work areas . In particular, the current areas are -
- Kirklees is and will be receiving multi-million revenue and capital grant funding from Government , through Trees for Climate and Northern Forest programmes . The postholder must manage complex programmes of investment as well as ensure adequate records and evidence of expenditure and income are correctly secured, kept up to date and regularly reported on to a high standard as required by the Funders. This work will require close working with both Kirklees Finance , Legal services and numerous external partners and landowners,.
- The Kirklees WRF Team will also be operating a Service Level Agreement with the Community Forest Trust to ensure that the Trees for Yorkshire Delivery Pathway is managed to a high standard . The post holder will be responsible for day to management of this Service Level Agreement.
The postholder will also support the Programme Director in managing the WRF Steering Group and its working parties as required including maintaining the Terms of References, recording agreed actions and the maintenance of good working relationship with all our partners and at all levels of seniority.
The postholder will be expected to project a positive attitude to our partners and seek to deliver or provide information for high quality reports and presentations. The postholder may be required to support funding bids and to represent the WRF at external meetings.
Some duties will need to be carried out for the wider major Project Service from time to time.
17 January 2021, 11:55 PM