IT Senior Officer – Frontend Developer – 2 jobs
We are looking to appoint experienced Frontend Developers to join our Applications and Digital Services Team.
We are embarking on an exciting journey, to put effective use of technology at the heart of what we do, in meeting the needs of our residents, businesses and partners in Kirklees. We are a user focused Council and aspire to deliver excellent customer experiences through the development of digital services that you will design, build and integrate. Our aim is to improve access to services, enable self-service online and build services so easy to use that people will prefer to use them!
You will be part of the technical delivery team, working both independently and within agile project teams to deliver and manage high quality online services. In this role you will engage with end users, services, partners and other key stakeholders to collaboratively deliver solutions taking a user centered approach. You will have proven experience and a track record of developing and coding digital services, applications and system interfaces.
The types of activities will include:
- Developing digital services/solutions that work across multiple channels, devices, browsers and platforms, taking responsibility for the quality of code you produce
- Implementing toolkits and APIs for purposes such as integration, performance optimisation, security and scalability
- Advising on the technical feasibility of designs
- Advising on the requirements of GDPR and ensuring solutions are compliant Solving technical problems
- Supporting user testing (including observed, remote, mobile device, browser operability and accessibility standards)
- Delivering technical code testing, including automated and security testing and creation of test plans
- Implementation of security standards and guidelines
- Delivering technical ‘show and tell’ presentations to a wide range of stakeholders
- Continually improving the service with new tools and techniques, and sharing approaches with the wider team
- Contributing to workshops to achieve user centered outcomes
- Effective set up and maintenance of content management platforms, such as Drupal, Kentico, Wordpress
- Analysing user trends/behaviour in both public and private sector and making recommendations that inform online service delivery
- Keeping abreast of industry standards and best practice for digital service delivery
- Building strong working relationships and communicating effectively with delivery teams and service representatives at all levels
Key skills should include proficiency in:
- .NET, VB, C#, SQL Server, API development/use
Please see the attached generic Senior IT Officer Job Profile and Developer Focus Sheet for more information before applying.
To be shortlisted for this job, please provide recent evidence to demonstrate that you meet the specific skills and experience criteria of this job as detailed in this advert and the Job Profile/Focus Sheet.
*Please note that we adopt name blind shortlisting – it is your responsibility to ensure that any evidence provided does not contain personal information.
These jobs are currently funded to Mach 2025.
18 January 2021, 11:55 PM