Caretaker - Warwick Road Primary School
To start as soon as possible
30 hours per week, 52 weeks per year with 28 days paid holiday entitlement (during school breaks) plus bank holidays
Hours – Monday to Friday 6 am to 9 am and 3.30 pm to 6.30 pm – could be flexible with the times
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person, who would like to provide a key role in maintaining our school site and to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community.
Caretaking duties will include:
- Lock/unlock the school and carry out security checks on the buildings
- Carry out and record statutory checks and help maintain Health and Safety records
- Maintain the school property and grounds to a high standard; including leading a small team of cleaning staff and undertaking some cleaning duties
- Monitor site stock, order supplies and handle/move deliveries
- Carry out DIY and general site work
The successful candidate will have practical experience in building and maintenance and will have a good understanding of health & safety. The successful candidate will be required to act as a key holder.
We can offer:
- Judged as a “Good” school by OFSTED – March 2019
- an exciting opportunity to be part of our primary school and our hardworking dedicated team of staff
If you are interested in the above post, please request an application form directly from Kirklees.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached. A CV is not required. Application forms should be returned to the School Office at the school either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the school.
18 January 2021, 12:00 PM