Educational Teaching Assistant - Golcar Junior, Infant and Nursery School
To start as soon as possible.
Golcar J I & N School is a popular school within the Colne Valley with 476 children currently on roll. We provide a positive, nurturing and inspiring learning environment where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their goals. Our children are keen to learn, are well behaved and want to achieve their best.
We wish to appoint a substantive Educational Teaching Assistant to work in Year 6. We are looking for a friendly, flexible and caring person to join our school. The post is 15 hours, however, due to Covid-19 we may need cover over the lunch period (5 hours) in addition to the 15 hours so the successful candidate will be required to have flexibility and a willingness to adapt as and when needed.
Experience of working with children in a school environment and knowledge of National Curriculum is essential. Experience of working with children with additional needs and an understanding of positive behavioural support approaches are desirable. Applications are invited from individuals who are enthusiastic, positive with good communication skills and able to work as part of a team to support children’s learning.
We can offer:
- A welcoming, inclusive, caring school.
- A hard working and supportive staff team who are committed to high quality teaching and learning.
- A supportive senior leadership team who are committed to everyone being a leader.
- A commitment to professional development.
- Enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn.
- High standards and high expectations in every aspect of school life.
- An opportunity to make a difference to children’s lives and their families.
- A supportive and dedicated Governing Body.
- Parents / carers who are keen to work in partnership to raise standards.
- Support, guidance and management from the Headteacher
- Dedicated time for planning and preparation of lessons.
In return we are looking for:
- Commitment and enthusiasm to motivate children, practitioners and parents/carers to reach their full potential.
- Support for the vision, ethos and policies of the school and promote high levels of achievement;
- Someone who is passionate about children’s learning and welfare and with high expectations for all learners.
- A team player who can work alongside teaching staff to deliver positive outcomes for children
To apply, please complete the attached application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
22 January 2021, 12:00 PM