Transformation Programme Manager (Portfolio Management Office)
£43,857 - £45,859
Are you an experienced, talented and collaborative programme manager with experience of supporting public sector transformation and change? We are looking for an individual who can take on the challenge of delivering change outcomes in a complex environment through the delivery of an effective portfolio management office.
Although, based in the Transformation Team, you will be working with the Head of Service across the full range of their responsibilities, including the functions of Policy, Partnerships and Transformation. Your role will be crucial in enabling, supporting and challenging progress within all areas of the service primarily, with opportunities to extend your input into future corporate programmes.
You will be highly organised with a pro-active approach to driving progress and problem resolution, and have the ability to analyse and synthesise large amounts of information. In addition you should be able to work independently on your own initiative.
It is essential that you have an understanding and demonstrable experience in the delivery of portfolio management capability within a political and changing environment across a diverse set of programmes. You will need a track record of achievement in the design and implementation of good practice portfolio management services including governance, reporting, risk management, dependency management and ultimately helping to get programmes across the line.
Your behaviours and values will also be key to building excellent working relationships with all relevant stakeholders and the credibility that you will need across the organisation. You’ll need strong influencing and negotiating skills with a collaborative approach to working with stakeholders and other teams.
Key requirements for this job:
- Wide ranging experience of supporting the implementation of change within a local government or public sector context;
- Understanding of good practice in establishing and developing a portfolio and programme management office supported by practical experience of implementing it (a relevant qualification, training or equivalent experience is required).
- Ability to build good working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across council services and partner organisations.
- Understands the leadership of change in a political environment and is able to build effective relationships with councillors and senior managers.
- Has a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing Local Government and the wider public sector, including best practice in public sector transformation.
In addition to the Job Profile please read the attached Role Description
For an informal conversation about the role and remit please contact Saleem Sarwar, Transformation Lead. Contact details firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be short-listed for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Essential Criteria as detailed on the attached Job Profile and Role Description
31 January 2021, 11:55 PM