Assistant Director of Science - Thornhill Community Academy, A SHARE Academy
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of Thornhill Community Academy.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Assistant Director of Science at Thornhill Community Academy.
Science is a very strong subject, and will continue to be an integral part of our positive onward journey. We are looking for an experienced and ambitious leader, with aspirations for senior leadership, who will lead the Science department to continue to secure exceptional outcomes for our students.
We have exceptional standards of behaviour, high levels of support, excellent internal and external CPD opportunities, and have a high regard for our staff’s workload, including a verbal feedback policy.
If you are an outstanding teacher, experienced leader, passionate about Science education and have the experience and drive to lead a team in order to ensure all students fulfil their potential, then we would very much like to hear from you.
You will be:
- An ambitious, innovative and proven leader with demonstrable impact on students’ outcomes
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with a proven track record of leading, inspiring and motivating others
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of excellent outcomes for teaching groups at Key Stage 4 in Biology, Physics or Chemistry
- Able to plan strategically for success and evaluate progress and outcomes
- Able to coach, inspire and enthuse colleagues effectively
- Able to articulate a vision for further improving outcomes to the department in Biology, Physics or Chemistry at GCSE level
- Clear in your articulation about how a high quality Science curriculum can support students’ development
- Passionate about child-centred educational principles
At SHARE MAT, we aim to:
- Encourage all our students to go beyond what they think they can achieve, to enjoy learning, helping them to lead healthy and happy lives
- Equip our staff to deliver their best every day
- Ensure our staff are happy at work, taking pride in students’ progress and development
- Deliver training and guidance relevant to job role so expectations are understood and staff feel motivated
- Offer great benefits, making us the employer of choice, including outstanding CPD, supportive line management and networking opportunities across the MAT to aid personal development
If you share our passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best they can be, we’d love to hear from you.
You are very welcome to visit the Academy. Please contact Julia Wood, Administration Manager on 01924 487731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Closing Date: 2pm Friday 22nd January 2021.
Interview: W/C 1st February 2021.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. The application pack must be downloaded from the TES website which can be found on our career site or please email email@example.com to request an application form.
SHARE MAT comprises of Beech Primary School, Cowlersley Primary School, Heaton Avenue Primary School, Luck Lane Primary School, Millbridge Junior, Infant and Nursery School, Royds Hall Community School, Shelley College, and Thornhill Community Academy.
SHARE MAT is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.
22 January 2021, 2:00 PM