Landscape Architect / Senior Landscape Architect – 3 Jobs
We are looking to appoint 3 experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Architects to join our expanding team and manage a wide range of projects through all design stages.
The jobs require collaborative working, engagement with stakeholders and strong technical expertise to develop, design and support sustainable landscape solutions for a number of high-profile programmes of work.
As part of our busy team you will primarily work on the delivering the £10m Playable Spaces programme, but also could be actively involved in delivering an extensive range of high-profile public realm projects, Blueprint schemes and implementing the “Your Home Your Place” environmental improvements of Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing.
Each work programme requires high performance standards and a professional approach. You will be self-motivated, creative, and engage with the communities to design greener spaces with a strong sense of “place”. These inspiring landscapes need to be sustainably managed, address the climate emergency, the health and well-being priorities within our communities & any potential environmental impacts.
What we require of you:
- Be a Member of the Landscape Institute with significant post qualification experience, in a Landscape role, across the work stages (for higher grades you will be working toward becoming Chartered or be Chartered).
- Experience in effectively managing projects to meet objectives and have a strong work ethic with the ability to prioritise multiple projects & tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Be interested in designing innovative playable spaces for all abilities, with skills in designing both natural and traditional play areas with a strategic design approach so play areas across Kirklees are complimentary and original with bespoke elements.
- Demonstrate strong technical, design and documentation capabilities with experience across a wide range of project types and all work stages.
- Work well in a team and enjoy delivering projects with community engagement and input to meet Council objectives.
Travel is an integral part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car. It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence.
There is also the possibility of offering flexible working arrangements in this role for the right candidate.
26 January 2021, 11:55 PM
Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission.
If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.