Landscape Technical Support Officer
Looking to appoint on a Grade 9: £27,741 - £30,080 per annum
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Graduate Landscape Architect for our Landscape Technical Support Officer role to deliver the Playable Spaces Strategy. You will be highly motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude for this challenging £10m playable spaces programme, be responsible for both designing and running play area contracts, providing technical support for the team of Landscape Architects. You will be working on schemes from concept to completion, primarily delivering the playable spaces strategy but also potentially working on large public realm projects across Kirklees.
You will assist the Landscape Architects to prepare option appraisals, Photoshop visualisations for community engagement, initial cost estimates and collate reports on community consultation and feedback findings. Detailed design and contract preparation including contract administration on site will also form part of your busy role. You will also be required to undertake projects using AutoCAD or similar and prepare drawings, NBS specifications and contract documents appropriate to the Form of Contract.
You should be self-motivated with excellent time management skills and attention to detail and accuracy is key.
What we require of you:
- Be a graduate Landscape Architect as recognised by the Landscape Institute. Be motivated and interested in working towards your Landscape Institute Pathway to Chartership.
- Be interested in designing innovative playable spaces for all abilities, developing skills in designing both natural and traditional play areas with a strategic design approach so play areas across Kirklees are complimentary and original with bespoke elements.
- Be creative and organised, and interested in getting the technical details and processes correct.
- Be open to and enjoy consulting and listening to communities and stakeholders and be able to use creativity to find optimal solutions and meet Council objectives.
- Experience in effectively managing your time to meet objectives and have a strong work ethic with the ability to prioritise multiple projects & tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent skills in CAD software and excellent skills in photoshop.
- Skills in 3D modelling – Sketchup, would be an advantage.
- Work well in a team and individually.
- Travel is an integral part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car. It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence.
There is also the possibility of offering flexible working arrangements in this role for the right candidate.
26 January 2021, 11:55 PM
Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission.
If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.