Travel Assessment Unit Officer
£27,741 - £30,451
Are you efficient and organised and a team player? Do you enjoy helping people and working within a fast-paced environment?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Travel Assessment Unit Officer to join our busy service. The Travel Assessment Unit is a new team which has been created to work alongside the Passenger Transport Team, and forms part of the Passenger Travel Team.
The Passenger Travel Team provides escorted transport for 850 pupils with special educational needs and disabilities to schools within Kirklees and beyond, 2,400 bus passes and boarding cards, transport for older people to day care and other provisions for after school clubs and short breaks/respite.
The Travel Assessment Unit assesses pupils and families individual needs, and provides a suitable and safe travel solution for eligible pupils with special needs and disabilities. You will be responsible for assisting the Senior Travel Assessment Unit Officer, working closely with families to assess and plan travel solutions which will improve outcomes for children with special needs and disabilities, and their families. You will be expected to line manage a team of Independent Travel Trainers, and provide support and guidance on a day to day basis. You will assess requests for travel support and monitor/review travel solutions, also dealing with queries and enquiries from service users and maintaining accurate records related to the service.
You will have:
- Knowledge and/or experience of working with people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety statutory requirements and DFE Home to school travel and transport statutory guidance and the Education and Inspections Act 2006.
- Knowledge and/or experience of financial procedures and people management;
- Proven track record of service delivery to an agreed level of performance and standard;
- Experience of managing difficult situations whilst working in a demanding, fast paced working environment, and be able to demonstrate resilience in such situations
- Experience of managing/prioritising a demanding workload and proven ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Experience of providing support to children and families.
- Team player style of approach, ready to take on any challenge.
- Experience of managing customer expectations.
- Ability to travel to various locations in order to carry out the duties of the job. Possession of a full and valid driving licence and a car available for work.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
17 January 2021, 11:55 PM