Senior Travel Assessment Unit Officer
£34,728 - £36,922
Are you efficient and organised and a team player? Do you enjoy helping people and working within a fast-paced environment?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Travel Assessment Unit Officer to join our busy service.
The Transport Service provides escorted transport for 850 pupils with special educational needs and disabilities to schools within Kirklees and beyond, 2,400 bus passes and boarding cards, transport for older people to day care and other provisions for after school clubs and short breaks/respite.
The Travel Assessment Unit assesses pupils and families individual needs, and provides a suitable and safe travel solution for eligible pupils with special needs and disabilities. You will be responsible for supporting the Travel Assessment Unit Team Manager with the day to day delivery of the travel assessment service. You will be expected to line manage the Travel Assessment Unit officer, the Training and Recruitment Officer and Independent Travel Trainers, and provide support and guidance on a day to day basis. You will work alongside colleagues in the Passenger Travel Team to ensure a high quality, customer focussed and value for money service is delivered to those families that need it most.
You will have:
- Significant experience of multi agency working, bringing organisations together with the child and family at the heart of decision making, managing conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, statutory guidance, policies and operational issues related to the delivery of home to school transport;
- Knowledge and/or experience of working with people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of supervising staff, undertaking appraisals and 1:1’s
- Experience of managing difficult situations whilst working in a demanding, fast paced working environment, and be able to demonstrate resilience in such situations;
- Proven ability in problem solving and finding creative solutions
- Competent use of IT and digital technology with an awareness of social media.
- Ability to travel to various locations in order to carry out duties of the job. Possession of full and valid driving licence and a car available for work.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
17 January 2021, 11:55 PM