Training and Recruitment Officer
£31,346 - £33,782
Are you efficient and organised and a team player? Do you enjoy helping people and working within a fast-paced environment?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Training and Recruitment Officer to join our busy service. The post is part of the Travel Assessment Unit which is a new team that has been created to work alongside the Passenger Transport Team, and forms part of the Passenger Travel Team.
The Passenger Travel Team provides escorted transport for 850 pupils with special educational needs and disabilities to schools within Kirklees and beyond, 2,400 bus passes and boarding cards, transport for older people to day care and other provisions for after school clubs and short breaks/respite.
The Training and Recruitment Officer is responsible for the development, planning and delivery of training for 150+ Passenger Assistants, plus staff within the Passenger Travel Team. You will support the Senior Travel Assessment Unit Officer, ensuring passenger assistants have the skills required to support children with special needs and disabilities when travelling to and from school on transport. You will also be responsible for the recruitment of passenger assistants, with support from the Transport Officers and Passenger Assistant Supervisors.
You will have:
- Experience of developing and delivering training courses to a wide group of people.
- A recognised training qualification or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience of working with people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety statutory requirements and DFE Home to school travel and transport statutory guidance and the Education and Inspections Act 2006.
- Effective presentation skills and public speaking
- Strong communications skills
- Strong knowledge and use of IT skills
- Experience of managing/prioritising a demanding workload and proven ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Team player style of approach, ready to take on any challenge.
- Experience of managing customer expectations.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
17 January 2021, 11:55 PM