Senior Transport Officer
£34,728 - £36,922
Are you efficient and organised and a team player? Do you enjoy helping people and working within a fast-paced environment?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Transport Officer to join our busy service.
The Transport Service provides escorted transport for 850 pupils with special educational needs and disabilities to schools within Kirklees and beyond, 2,400 bus passes and boarding cards, transport for older people to day care and other provisions for after school clubs and short breaks/respite.
You will be responsible for supporting the Passenger Transport Team Manager with the day to day delivery of the transport service. You will be expected to line manage the Transport Officers, Passenger Assistant Supervisors, and oversee the management of 150+ Passenger Assistants who accompany customers on their journey, and provide support and guidance on a day to day basis. You will work alongside colleagues in the Travel Assessment Unit to ensure a high quality, customer focussed and value for money service is delivered to those families that need it most
You will have:
- Significant experience of multi agency working, bringing organisations together with the child and family at the heart of decision making, managing conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, statutory guidance, policies and operational issues related to the delivery of home to school transport;
- Knowledge and/or experience of working with people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Knowledge and/or experience of financial procedures and people management;
- Experience of supervising staff, undertaking appraisals and 1:1’s
- Competent in the use of IT and digital technology with an awareness of social media
- Proven track record of service delivery to an agreed level of performance and standard;
- Experience of managing difficult situations whilst working in a demanding, fast paced working environment, and be able to demonstrate resilience in such situations;
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player style of approach, ready to take on any challenge;
- Experience of managing customer expectations;
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
17 January 2021, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.