Deputy Headteacher (Pastoral) - The Brooksbank School
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of The Brooksbank School.
The Brooksbank School is a large, popular and successful comprehensive school and specialist Sports College. It is an oversubscribed 11 to 18 co-educational school with over 1800 students on role. The Brooksbank School was judged as a GOOD school by OFSTED in 2016. We continue to be a forward thinking and outward facing school and are recognised for the excellent practice being undertaken. The school is currently undergoing change under new headship and so this opportunity affords the successful candidate to significantly contribute to the strategies and policies of the school moving forward, whilst having specific responsibility for the behaviour and welfare of students and the impact this has on their education, success and outcomes. The successful applicant will join a strong and committed leadership team and will also be able to support change and improvement in the school over the coming years.
Our success with regard to our exam results improved last year and student outcomes, reflecting the hard work of both the students and staff alike were some of the best for several years. This gave everyone (students and staff alike) an immense pride in what we, the Brooksbank family have managed to achieve together.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a talented and effective classroom practitioner.
- Has relevant pastoral experience at middle/senior management level.
- Has very good ICT and data management skills.
- Has vision, flair and creativity as well as the energy and determination to bring about change.
- Is a strong team player and works effectively with young people, colleagues and the wider community.
- Has the energy, stamina and commitment to make a difference and create the best possible educational opportunities for the young people at Brooksbank School.
- Is likely to be an existing senior educational leader – a Deputy Head teacher or an outstanding Assistant Head teacher with significant skills, knowledge and experience of leading in the field of secondary behaviour and welfare.
- In order to have acquired the necessary sound judgement, experience and skill set we envisage that a current Assistant Head teacher is likely to have been in post for at least three years.
Closing date: Monday 25th January 2021 at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held: W/C 1st February 2021.
Further details and an information pack are available on the school’s website: www.bbs.calderdale.sch.uk or to arrange an informal meeting/discussion via contacting the Head’s PA: firstname.lastname@example.org
25 January 2021, 12:00 PM